WE ARE NOW OPEN.
- Eden Dental Centre has now resumed normal operating hours, which are:
Monday-Friday 07:30 to 17:00 hours, Saturday 07:30 to 13:00 hours. Sunday: CLOSED.
There will be a pre-screening questionnaire that patients must agree to before any consultation or treatment will take place.
Eden Dental Centre wishes you and your family a safe and healthy lockdown. Please keep visiting our Website and Facebook Page to keep with any new notices.
At Eden Dental Centre we adhere to the National Institute of Communicable Diseases [NICD], the World Health Organization [WHO] and the South African Dental Association [SADA] guidelines to ensure the proper infection prevention and risk management for the well-being of our patients, our staff and doctors. All staff have been briefed and educated according to these guidelines and will assess, advise and treat patients accordingly.
The following precautions have been instituted to ensure that we manage this very serious condition, effectively. We encourage patients to understand and adhere to the following steps for their well-being and safety and that of their family:
- STAY HOME IF you or your family are unwell with flu-like symptoms
- You and your family member have travelled abroad to affected COVID-19 areas or had close contact with affected COVID-19 individuals.
- IF YOU ARE UNWELL, call your GP. Advise your GP of your symptoms and discuss with them if you meet NICD case criteria to be tested for COVID-19
If you have any questions, call the NICD 24-hour consumer toll-free hotline number: 0800 029 999 or visit nicd.ac.za
What to expect when you book an appointment or arrive at Eden Dental Centre.
- Telephonic appointments – you will be asked do you have or did you have a fever of 37.5 degrees or higher, or a cough, cold, sore throat in the last 14 days. Did you have a contagious illness or recently developed shortness of breath?
- Have you been in contact with people with these symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been to or returned from an affected, risky country or area outside the country recently?
- If you answer YES to ANY of these questions, we will not be able to treat you. Do yourself and us a favour by postponing your dental appointment for at least 2 weeks. Please contact 0800 029 999.
- Upon arrival at Eden Dental Centre – you will be met by reception staff who will encourage you to sanitise your hands.
- They will then do verbal screenings which will cover symptoms and travel history.
- Should you answer positively to any of the abovementioned symptoms we will not be able to attend to you. You will be asked to go home, self isolate and consult with your GP. Eden Dental Centre does not like to show patients away, but these are responsible, very necessary precautionary steps we take to ensure the well-being of our patients, staff and public overall.
God Speed to all our patients, our staff and of course all the people of South Africa.